The French Department consists of 7 teachers who are all language specialists. We also have a French Language Assistant who works mainly with Sixth Form pupils.
- Mme S. Marin H.O.D.
- Miss C. Coey
- Mrs S. Colville
- Mrs A. Ewart
- Mrs C. Kelly
- Mrs E. Kernohan
- Mr R. Mills
We have 7 subject-specific classrooms, all equipped with interactive whiteboards, laptops, data projectors and CD players, and there is a class set of portable CD players for A level students. We also have 2 study rooms for A level language students and two small classrooms for use by the Language Assistant.
The department contributes to the overall school aims and more specifically aims to:
- Pass on our love of French and foreign language learning to our pupils;
- Ensure that language learning is a positive and enjoyable experience;
- Enable pupils to develop the four key skills of Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking;
- Enable all pupils to reach their potential and equip pupils with the knowledge and skills to allow them to continue studying French post GCSE and post A level;
- Show the importance of French in the global economy and its relevance in the workplace.