The German Department currently consists of two full-time teachers and a native-speaking Foreign Language Assistant.
We aim to:
- enable pupils to develop fluency & accuracy in the four skill areas of listening, reading, speaking & writing.
- provide a supportive learning environment in which pupils can enjoy a range of language-learning activities.
- enable pupils of all abilities to reach their potential in the language.
- help our pupils to understand & show appreciation for other countries, cultures and people through their study of the German language & German-Speaking countries.
- encourage pupils to see the relevance & importance of German in our global world.
Staff: Mrs S. Colville (HOS) and Miss C. Coey